The Saga of Alina

Open forum. Talk about anything your little heart desires.

Re: The Saga of Alina

Postby ling&ling » March 24th, 2009, 11:20 pm

am i the only one that feels instinctively guilty that you/we are leading this girl on. even though I KNOW shes SCAMMING you i can't help but feel bad. god its weird.
ling&ling
TAPAS Member
TAPAS Member

Select the middle number: 0

Postby JulesSugarpigeon » March 25th, 2009, 11:37 am

ling&ling wrote:am i the only one that feels instinctively guilty that you/we are leading this girl on. even though I KNOW shes SCAMMING you i can't help but feel bad. god its weird.

I feel the same. What if she is indeed real? I know the chances are slim, but what if?
I am bad-ass.
JulesSugarpigeon
TAP Regular

Postby nfmallory » March 25th, 2009, 11:49 am

OK. I admit it. I feel a bit bad. But I think that's because we can't imagine anyone actually trying to scam some one like this. I mean she must be real or there are some really evil people out there. But you know something. She/he/them are trying to pull a scam. And I am only documenting that scam. Alina is not real and neither are her stories. Take a good look at that site above of the passports. They have the same woman with different names. And there really is no USSR anymore. The passport is a fake and so is Alina. But it does feel a bit sleazy on my part. :(
nfmallory
TAP Regular

Postby Ben » March 25th, 2009, 11:51 am

It's payback.
Ben
TAP Administrator
TAP Administrator

Twitter username: ekkoe
antispam: No
Select the middle number: 3

Postby nfmallory » March 25th, 2009, 2:02 pm

Agreed. These people pray apon the hearts and bank accounts of thousands of lonely guys(for the most part). A little fun at their expense is fine with me. Besides if they're spending any time on me that's less time they have to spend on another guy.
nfmallory
TAP Regular

Postby ling&ling » March 25th, 2009, 4:21 pm

oh no god yeh its completely justified. just theres this instinctive part of me.
ling&ling
TAPAS Member
TAPAS Member

Postby JulesSugarpigeon » March 27th, 2009, 11:05 am

Yo guys, today is Alina/Alena's namesday. I suggest Notosh sends her a eCard at least or something. Best wishes. Us Slavic countries celebrate namesdays.
I am bad-ass.
JulesSugarpigeon
TAP Regular

Postby ling&ling » March 27th, 2009, 6:05 pm

what on earth is a namesday? is this another backward ritual jules only celebrated by eastern europeans with the aid of chicken heads and frog testicles.
ling&ling
TAPAS Member
TAPAS Member

Postby JulesSugarpigeon » March 27th, 2009, 8:23 pm

Not at all. It is like a second smaller birthday. Every day in the calendar has a name to go with it, so on the day your name comes up, you get presents. Not big or expensive presents, nor lot of them, but you get some, so that is pretty cool.
I am bad-ass.
JulesSugarpigeon
TAP Regular

Postby ling&ling » March 28th, 2009, 1:15 pm

does indeed sound cool.
ling&ling
TAPAS Member
TAPAS Member

Postby morefeen » March 28th, 2009, 2:09 pm

Is that sorta like your feast day? Even though I am protestant, every year in Spanish class we would have a calendar of who's Saint Day" it was... Apparently in alot of Latin-American communites your St. Day is more important than your actual birthday and thats when you have the big party... My name is Laura, and I guess I should have partied on October 19th, in remberance for some nun who was boiled in molten lead by the Moors~ how festive! Wonder how I could have tied that into a theme for party...
-----------------"But sometimes I'd feel more fulfilled making Christmas cards with the mentally ill"--------------------------------
morefeen
TAPAS Member
TAPAS Member

Twitter username: thelmapickles

Postby JulesSugarpigeon » March 28th, 2009, 5:28 pm

Yes, exactly. That is where the tradition comes from, from saints. However, it is not not more important then you birthday, at least not here. Or at least not for me, I is atheist, thanks to God.
Mine is in January, however not in the calendar we are using actually. The standart issue calendar round the world is called Gregorian, but there is another called the Julian calendar. It is tied in with the Russian Orthodox Church. And my name is in there. I guess another sign of my backwardness, eh Ling?
I am bad-ass.
JulesSugarpigeon
TAP Regular

Postby ling&ling » March 28th, 2009, 8:22 pm

indeed, in fact the use of julian calendar is most noticeable when refering to the Russian revolutions of the early 1900s. for example westerners call the revolutions of 1917 the March and November revolutions, whereas they are the February and October revolutions to those who use the julian calendar.
and no that wasnt from wikipedia. well some of it.
ling&ling
TAPAS Member
TAPAS Member

Postby morefeen » March 28th, 2009, 8:45 pm

Wow. look at the big brain on Ling&Ling!
-----------------"But sometimes I'd feel more fulfilled making Christmas cards with the mentally ill"--------------------------------
morefeen
TAPAS Member
TAPAS Member

Postby JulesSugarpigeon » March 29th, 2009, 10:52 am

morefeen wrote:Wow. look at the big brain on Ling&Ling!

That's what she said. Quiete literally in this case. :P

Yes, the revolutions get very mixed up. I have absolutelly no idea how the Julian calendar works, except my name is in it, and that it is in January. And that Christmas is in January too. I think.
Wow, this has turned into a general Slavic culture thread. I must say I am proud. Which is ironic, since I am actually not a Slav at all.
I am bad-ass.
JulesSugarpigeon
TAP Regular

Postby nfmallory » March 30th, 2009, 12:13 pm

Sent:

Oh my Alina I get you passport and I say you are closer now. You have the passport. You sweet face is good on it. I show to Mister Jim. He say ok good passport. You are real. But say that you look real but is could be not. He say maybe you send photo with you mother and father too. I say you are the real and the true. He say better safe then the not safe. ok I say. So I ask for the photo of the you and family. You yes? Do this and he know. I knoe now. You real. Yes. You not scam me. I know. So talk the soon.

Notosh.
nfmallory
TAP Regular

Postby nfmallory » March 30th, 2009, 12:14 pm

Received:

If you to trust me, what for you still to ask me a photo? I already start to not trust you, that you simply joke over me. I to give you my passport, it is not enough you? I am very much upset from it.

Alina.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nfmallory
TAP Regular

Postby nfmallory » March 30th, 2009, 12:16 pm

OK. Getting too weird even for Notosh. I'm just waiting for a knock at the door and two thugs standing there waiting to break my knee caps. Notosh may need to back out of this one...slowly.
nfmallory
TAP Regular

Postby morefeen » March 30th, 2009, 12:20 pm

The question now is, is "Notosh" ready in case the "e-mail order" bride shows up at his door?
morefeen
TAPAS Member
TAPAS Member

Postby nfmallory » March 30th, 2009, 2:41 pm

I think Notosh Ready. But Ben and his 'special' friend Jo will need to move out of the basement. They may need more room if a little Notosh comes along.
nfmallory
TAP Regular

PreviousNext

Return to Cretinous Ramblings